Essential Gardening Tools For Your Garden and Community
The essential gardening tools include digging forks for digging out all the root crops , hand clippers (scissors) and harvesting knives for cutting all the greens.Japanese knives and putty knives for weeding are also very useful community gardening tools. Hand trowels for transplanting; big salad spinners for drying greens; pitch forks and shovels for making compost and lots of love, patience and acceptance around the weather that mother nature sends our way are some of the really essential community gardening tools and elements.Even if you are taking care of a small garden in your backyard, there are a few essential gardening tools that you still need to have:
- A shovel to dig holes, move piles of debris, place compost in the right place, get leaves into the wheelbarrow and turn soil. It is an indispensable tool for beginning and season gardeners alike!
- A rake to move and level the soil as well as to collect leaves and other garden debris.
- A leaf rake to collect leaves without damaging the lawn or delicate vegetables.
- A spade to dig small holes when transplanting, and to break up soil and weeds.
- A hoe to keep soil loose, make rows and move weeds away from plants. It can also be used to form the rows in vegetable gardens.
- Gardening shears and pruners to cut flowers or remove damaged parts of plants. It is also good to cut back perennials when the growing season ends. Shears can be used to harvest vegetables, too.
- A hose not just to water plants, but to clean your tools after work. With the proper attachment, they can be used to apply soluble fertilizer to plants.
- A pitchfork to turn compost and pick up leaf piles and loose clippings.
- A garden knife to divide root balls, open packages of seeds, split roots and cut twine. Store it in its sheath.
- A wheelbarrow to haul top soil, leaves and compost without straining your back.
- Hand cultivators to aerate the soil and move it as well as to uproot weeds
- Finally, using garden cultivators is an easy way to break up compacted, hard soil. They can prepare a smooth seedbed and add nutrients to it.
Tagged with: community gardening tools • essential gardening tools • forks • garden cultivators • garden knife • Garden Tools • gardening shears • gardening tools • hand cultivators • hand trowels • hose • Japanese knives • leaf rake • pitchfork • pruners • putty knives • rake • Shovel • spade • spinners • wheelbarrow
Filed under: Blower • Community Gardening • Garden Care Equipments • Garden Centers • Garden Gadgets • Garden Products • Garden Store • Garden Tools • Gardening • Gardening Community • Gardening Supplies • Gardening Tips • Hedge Cutter • home and garden • Home Gardening • Home Improvement • Landscaping • Lawn Care Equipments • Lawn Mower • Shredder & Chipper • Tiller
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!