Top 10 Spring Gardening Tips
Friday, May 6th, 2011 at 10:27 am
- Start mowing and edging the lawn regularly for a really good finish – heighten the cut for the first few cuts.
- Remove weeds before they get too big and unruly.
- Keep up with potato planting and direct sowings of carrot, beetroot, spinach, chard, rocket and parsley.
- Indoors sow pumpkins, courgettes, runner beans, french beans and sweetcorn into pots.
- Start to harden off young plants with protection for planting out – keep a careful eye on the weather forecast.
- Save your seedlings by checking out nooks and crannies for slugs.
- If you have to use slug repellent, we’d recommend Advanced Slug Killer as it doesn’t harm the birds.
- For a small wildflower area with a bit of ‘wow’ factor, dig, weed and rake the area level, broadcast sow a packet of volcanic meadow mix and watch things bloom!
- Get the kids on board with our fun to grow range; they can even make their own pots.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!