7 Perfect Tips For Productive and Enjoyable Vegetable Gardening
Here are the seven tips for productive, enjoyable vegetable gardening:
- Plan To Grow in Advance- Decide what you want to grow and how much time and space you can devote to your garden. Learn what works in what season. Tomatoes and berries seem to be the easiest.
- Finalize Garden Site and Begin With Small – A 3′ x 6′ raised bed and a few containers are enough to get you started and to hold your interest. Consider one each of plants like zucchini or cucumbers, two to three of peppers or tomatoes and four to five plants of smaller crops like beans or lettuce.
- Prepare Your Vegetable Garden Soil. You’ll want fertile, well-drained soil. Building raised beds allows the soil to drain faster and warm more quickly.
- Ensure Proper Lighting. Most vegetables will need at least six hours of direct sun a day. If you have less than that, consider growing leafy green vegetables or root crops like beets, carrots and radishes.
- Prefer Growing What You Eat. Pick a favorite vegetable, plant a few seeds and have fun watching them mature.
- Be A Gardener With Patience – The time it takes from planting to picking can vary. For example, radishes take about three weeks, cucumbers about six weeks and peppers about 12 weeks. Anyone who has eaten fresh produce knows that a garden is worth the effort.
- Enjoy Gardening and Share The Knowledge- Your garden doesn’t need to be perfect. Enjoy what you are doing and share your experiences and if possible maintain an online presence with the pictures of your growing garden.
Tagged with: Enjoy Gardening • Finalize Garden Site • growing leafy green vegetables • Growing What You Eat • Perfect Gardening tips • perfect vegetable gardening tips • Prepare Your Vegetable Garden Soil • Productive and Enjoyable Vegetable Gardening • Proper Lighting • Share The Knowledge
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!